Swedish Medical Center Medical Imaging Scheduler in Issaquah, Washington
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Medical Imaging Scheduler (Per Diem, Days) to work in the Medical Imaging Department at Issaquah Campus in Issaquah, WA.
The Front Desk Medical Imaging position provides a wide range of routine to moderately complex support tasks for medical imaging along with prioritizing multiple tasks during high volumes. These responsibilities include scheduling outpatient imaging services for CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and Radiology. In addition, they schedule all imaging services that are generated through the emergency department.
In this position you will:
• This position is required to obtain physician orders and insurance verification and/or pre-authorization prior to the completion of imaging procedures.
• They register patients, collect payments, prepare medical records, assist with billing, fulfill medical records request, and print electronic imaging files.
• Answers multiple phone lines; triages multiple situations with patients and physicians, serves as the liaison for the imaging department.
• All duties accomplished with excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of one year related experience in a healthcare setting preferred
• Requires an understanding of optimal patient flow, imaging procedures and knowledge of laboratory testing and patient history requirements for imaging procedures.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Associate’s degree (A.D.) or equivalent from college or technical school with emphasis in Health Care; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
About the Issaquah Campus.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Other Healthcare Support
Work Locations: Issaquah Main Bldg (WA171) 751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah, 98029
Req ID: 217110