Swedish Health Services Engineer Journeyman in Seattle, Washington
Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Engineer Journeyman (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Facility Management in Seattle, WA.
An Engineer Journeyman must possess high degree of knowledge of automated building control systems and may also perform a wide variety of work requiring high skill levels and abilities including but not limited to electricity, electronics, sheet metal work, welding, mechanics, machine shop work, hydraulics, plumbing, painting, ventilation work, carpentry, plastering, concrete and masonry work, ceiling installation, floor installation and motors.
In this position you will:
• BAS – Advanced knowledge of hardware, software, programming, troubleshooting, system specification – layout and installation of JCI and Alerton systems. Assist with identifying opportunities to automate and monitor a wide variety of systems including opportunities to convert pneumatics to DDC.
• HVAC – Advanced knowledge of the location, use, control of and maintenance processes for chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, boilers, steam controls, VFD, VAV, CAV, pneumatic controls, induction units.
• PLC/ Pneumatics – Familiarity with PLC controls and programming for the Linen/Trash transport systems, tube systems. Adept at pneumatic controls and opportunities to supplement / adapt to DDC.
• Steam – Ability to inspect, analyze, test, adjust, repair, and replace components of all steam related equipment to include; boilers, valves, steam traps, PRV’s, high-med-low pressure steam characteristics and management, pumps, compressors, piping, and fittings in accordance with the conditions of their licensure.
• Electrical – Familiar with generators, controls, power management systems, ATS, breakers and distribution panels. Assist with monthly generator testing as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Must have successfully completed at least one formal specialized, related training course or demonstrated ability and experience may be accepted in lieu of education.
4 years building control systems inspection, testing, repair and maintenance in a hospital environment.
Preffered qualification include:
- Associate's dergee in Electronics, Mechanical Systems, Building Control Technology, HVAC, or similar field.
About the First Hill Campus
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Facilities Management
Work Locations: First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 318920