Swedish Medical Center Patient Service Coordinator, Licensed MA-C (Cardiac Device Clinic) in Seattle, Washington
Swedish is looking for a Cardiac Telemetry Technician (1 FTE, Days) to work in Heart and Vascular at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Cardiac Telemetry Tech assists in the delivery of patient care within the electrophysiology clinical setting; oversee patient flow, optimize physician and staff time. Provide support to EP physician(s) and device technician/nurses, assist in Device Clinic with remote monitors. Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the mission and values of Swedish Medical Group.
In this position you will:
• Monitor and improve overall patient flow and data tracking in the Cardiac Device Clinic
• Review cardiac device data and support process improvement in the Cardiac Device Clinic
• Acquire insurance verifications, referrals and authorizations
• Prepare and maintain patient medical records and reconcile billing issues
• Answer multiple phone lines and triage phone calls
• Act as a professional liaison with patients, families and other departments
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Graduate of certified medical assisting program
• Washington State Medical Assistant Certified or Medical Assistant Interim certification
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification or ability to obtain within one month of hire
• Minimum of one year of medical assistant experience in a healthcare setting
• Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively and clearly in the English language
• Knowledge of MS Word and Windows based applications
• Experience with Epic
• Ability to quickly learn complex computer programs and databases
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist through the Cardiovascular Credentialing International preferred
About Swedish Medical Group:
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the Greater Seattle Area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 183 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Great Puget Sound area. Swedish employs more than 13,000 employees and 4,200 physicians. Whether through physician clinics, health education, research and innovation or other means of outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cardiac Techs (Cath, EP and Other)
Work Locations: Cherry Hill James Tower (WA197) 550 17th Ave Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 186919