Swedish Medical Center Supervisor Pharmacy Systems - Anticoagulation and Pharmacotherapy in Seattle, Washington
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Supervisor Pharmacy Systems (1.0 FTE, Days) in Anticoagulation and Pharmacotherapy Services at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, Washington.
Manages the daily pharmacy operations of the Anticoagulation and Pharmacotherapy clinics. Responsibilities include scheduling and timekeeping, optimizing processes and workflows, training and supervision of staff, personnel management activities such as hiring and discipline of hourly staff, partners with HR to address employee grievances, acts as a liaison to other departments within and outside the Swedish system. Works with the Pharmacy Manager or Director to insure that the department delivers safe, cost-effective, and high quality services while maintaining compliance with all local policies, applicable laws, regulations, and nationally recognized standards of pharmacy practice. Works with the Pharmacy Manager or Director to implement departmental goals and objectives.
In this position you will:
• Provide daily supervision of staff including timekeeping, scheduling and optimizing work processes.
• Hire and discipline hourly staff, and partner with HR to address employee grievances.
• Communicate effectively and work well with others in a professional manner.
• Recognize workflow problems and to suggest changes to correct them.
• Prioritize and triage work in a high volume, high stress environment.
• Work independently and to complete projects in a timely manner.
• Maintain compliance with all local policies, applicable laws, regulations, and nationally recognized standards of pharmacy practice.
• Think analytically and facilitate change.
• Maintain and apply knowledge of departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
• Act as a liaison to other departments within and outside the Swedish system.
• Work with the Pharmacy Manager or Director to implement departmental goals and objectives.
Required qualifications for this position include:
A graduate of an accredited school ofpharmacy.
2 years experience working as apharmacist within a relevant acute or ambulatory care setting.
A current Washington State PharmacistLicense is required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year Supervisory or team leadexperience
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus
is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one
of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and
houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed
each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region;
volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Managed Care Pharmacy
Work Locations: First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 208557